Friday 6 April 2018

A long lost dream

I woke up today with a long lost dream. To an obscure part of memory that I had relegated to my subconscious. I woke up with that feeling of having a set of eyes staring. The tent flaps fluttering in the wind. The sun fighting its way inside through the gaps. I turned and there you were, with a faint hint of a smile. Sometimes, you were a puzzle to me in those days. I couldn't read you. And that's what made me curious. I wanted to unravel the layers and find out the triggers. So I wordlessly asked what was it. All you did was nod. Silent, just a moment that remains suspended in the air, even today. Years later, when supposedly we have come to understand each other better, you still turn and nod. And it takes me back to those days when I first met you. When, despite our stark differences, we were growing up together. Shaping each other's thoughts and ideas. No, I didn't crack the code. Eerily my pieces still fit into yours. Only the glue is a bit lax. Yet, on mornings like these, I wake up in that tent by the river, and find you awake with a faint question in your eyes. Motionless. Conjuring answers out of my silence. 

No comments: