Sunday 9 September 2018

Strangers who soothe...

Distinctions of time and spaces are fading. I have been moving around through shadows for some time now. And do you know what all crosses my mind? As much as I would want to believe that I am imbibing and inhaling peace, more than once, during these past weeks, I have found myself wondering about a certain someone I happened to have met once or twice. A certain someone who happened to have told me that I should read into the places, the people as I walk past the narrow lanes of an unknown land, rather than read the written word. I had found it strange then, however time and again I have been thinking about what all he had said. Am I impacted by all of what had traversed during our conversation? Maybe in a way. But I have found myself wondering about him more than once. When you are taking a step back, walking around aimlessly, as a tiny speck in the distant horizon, you tend to think, as probably I am. Maybe one shouldn't think about people you probably wouldn't hear from ever again. But sometimes, in far off distant lands, of the chanting mantras, or in the claustrophobic parties of an unsettled metropolitan you tend to find yourself soothed by a total stranger. Maybe he tends to teach you a new perspective, while being heedlessly lost himself. Maybe your paths would never cross again. And yet he crosses your mind every now and then, to remind you that there is still a lot to be surprised with. As there are a lot of reasons to smile.

No comments: