Friday 6 April 2018

A little bit of hope

And suddenly it rained. I had been sitting, staring at the unending water infront of me, wondering how infinite yet full of possibilities it seemed when I hear splatter on the surface. I would have missed it, had I been lost like I usually am. Those summer showers that fades as quickly as it comes. But it came nonetheless. I have been wishing for rain ever since I stepped into this secluded place. Nature rarely disappoints. May it be an untimely splurt of showers, or that clear sunset that you've been dying to see. In those moments, the alignment of these uncontrollable forces give you hope. Hope that perhaps something good is waiting for you somewhere. Hope that the days that stopped meaning, might just start making sense somehow. That is why maybe everyone should venture out alone once in a while. To find some meaning, some peace, to recover that respect that you had for your individuality, your choices, your decisions. To fall a little bit in love with yourself. A sudden downpour, an unsolicited smile, a sense of belonging among strangers. Darkness can wait for a bit. Not tonight. Tonight I found a little bit of hope. 

No comments: