Sunday 29 April 2018

Stranger in my Head

The elevator door was slamming shut as I desperately lunged and jammed my feet in it. A cocky smile, indolent eyes. Every morning, the same time, the same instant as I walk in, he strolls in too. Fate? Mischance? Nonetheless, there he is. A stranger yet I feel his eyes linger. There is a strange feeling of unsettled wounds in his eyes. As if he is lost in a crowd. Standing stiff lipped, mute, when the world around him is rushing past. Ans when he turns his steadfast gaze upon me, I squirm needlessly. What is it with this person that screams damage and yet I want to unravel his mystery. As if his eyes bore into my soul and slowly undress me as I move around fully clothed. His lips scream sin that I want to partake. His presence arouses nerve endings in me that I thought were lost beneath a sheath of exterior. Delectable, forbidden. But that which I want to devour. This stranger that I see everyday. Somehow I seem to know him. As if my heart is putting a tag on him, saying pay heed, this is the one who will be the ruin of you. Yet I can't seem to stop. Turning back is next to impossible, even if I fall off a cliff, I have to discover. This stranger in my head.

No comments: