Saturday 10 March 2018

A world for women

I have always wondered what strong women were made of. They say a lot of courage and truck loads of resilience. To be fair, I haven't thought about the strength so much until about sometime back. I have believed myself to be fairly mundane sort of a girl, with pretty basic and bland ideas. Rarely have I inspired anyone. But today, as I sit back to write this, I feel proud of how I have it in me to survive the worst. I am sure every woman I see around has a story to tell. And unfortunately for us, it is rarely all rosy. But what I want to stress upon is, please do look around you. You would most likely see a lot of smiling faces. Nonchalant walks. Shrugged shoulders. However, do take a moment to question, whether it is all calm waters behind those eyes. In all probability, not. 
Most likely, the person sitting across from you at the table, is going through their own personal version of hell. At this very moment. Be a good human first. Try and be compassionate, understanding and supportive. Life can get pretty ugly sometimes. Hold on to those values. Don't hurt people, irrespective of gender. That's what a woman embodies. We love unabashedly, we give expecting nothing in return. Create a world, worth a woman. Value her, cherish her. There is not much else she needs.

No comments: