Saturday 10 March 2018

Love sans Lust

So, this is rather indelicate. Clinical is the best way of treating it. Hence, I would try and be clinical if not judgmental. Is Love possible sans Lust? Why is Attraction such a positive, rosy reference and Lust so sinful? When we talk about a spark, a genuine connect between two individuals, how much of it is intellectual curiosity and how much is plain simple Lust? 
Haven't we all at some point or another been insanely attracted to someone who is just not right! Someone who perhaps cannot string two intelligent sentences together, but is undeniably irresistible! Ring any bells? Am sure it does. That skeleton buried inside your closet. I was reading through a very trashy read this weekend. From the time of my infancy, I have been addicted to books. I have more books than clothes in my closet. I am happiest when I am lost among rows and rows of old and new volumes in a library. Yes being a big time nerd, I read all kinds. Trashy romances also! So reading so much all these years has led me to believe that Love without Lust does not really exist. My literary heroines would be outraged by this but I guess it is true. Attraction is only a mild way of putting it.
So what do you do when there is a situation at hand? Pick up your stuff and run the other way or do you face your fears? Face your Lust! I know it's morally appalling but what is life if one doesn't play with fire sometimes! I say Lust is easy, mindless, sans judgement. What's really tricky is making a hollow bond work. Love is complicated, Lust is simple. I would say Lust is clinically positive. Love is emotionally deceptive.
In reality, Darcys do not exist. Love grows stale, fades with the passage of time. If you're lucky to still not be tied down by it, you get up and quietly leave. Closing a chapter of sinful deceptions. If you're unlucky, you get to face the legal claustrophobia called matrimony. Love has repercussions.
I say indulgence in Lust should not be immoral. Pleasure is not sinful. It's only when we throw all good sense out of the window, in search of love, in anticipation, in expectation, it is only then, that the world simply falls apart. 
P.S: I still do hopelessly love Darcy!

No comments: