Saturday 10 March 2018

Price for love

Did I misunderstand all these years? As winds rustled past, I slowly gave up on our memories, year by year. And yet I couldn't. Perhaps that's what happens to emotions tightly locked up in glimmering glass jars, out in the sun. They become ether. Converge, fold yet keep floating. Do I regret not having expressed before? Perhaps I do. Maybe I should have opened up the wounds. Now that it's all flown past, away, obliterated from your conscience, I often wonder, what if I had? Would you have forgiven? No, you wouldn't. Not me. Not ever.
For I have sinned so very bad, so many times. What do scriptures say about sinners? Do you believe in absolution? Why the sudden barrage of questions tonight? Because tonight I want to ask. After a lifetime of silence and surrender, tonight I want to atone. Before the stars fade away forever, I want to tell you how brightly they shine. 
Prices that we pay for love are often too steep. What did it cost me, would you ask? A decade of silence and a lifetime of regret. If you ever had faith, you would know, the promises one makes to God. Of changes, of corrections, confessions and repentance. But faith often misleads. Blinds and tricks. God often cheats. On stormy nights like these, tell me, would you still hold on to blind optimism of faith? Would you still pay the price for love?

No comments: