Monday 12 March 2018

Frozen in Time

I remembered the vastness of the mountains then. The expanse of the sky, touching the horizon, dipping it's wick in depths of the valley. Like a well oiled lamp. Glowing in the chilly wind. I can hear you whisper in my ear, nibbling my lobes, while the shutters rattle against the hinges. Dark incantations of pleasure. Weaving a spell of transpired longings. Watching the ebb and flow of light against the glistening snow, as dawn fuses into a misty morning. Sunrises have a coat of willfulness in your arms. None seem alike. And yet the crickets are, the grass smells dewy. I lazily open an eye to see the cliffs beyond, turn around to gaze at you beside. Half dreaming, partially gaping. Slightly quirky version of Prometheus. Punished and exiled into the wilderness. Stubborn yet beguiled. Frozen in time.

No comments: